50 Ways to Celebrate Father’s Day
By Paula Bennett
On Father’s Day, we all want to celebrate Father’s Day with the man that meant so much to us. Here are some ideas to help you create an extra special day and plan a memorable Father’s Day celebration for any of the father figures in your life.
Express your gratitude.
Isn’t this really the best Father’s Day gift you can give him? Take the time to tell him how much you appreciate him. Write a heartfelt letter or card expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude for everything he does for you. Be specific about the ways he has made a positive impact on your life. Throw in a dad joke or two for extra points.
Cook his favorite meal.
Prepare a delicious meal for your dad, taking into consideration his favorite foods. You could plan a barbecue or a special dinner. Cooking for him shows thoughtfulness and allows you to bond over a shared experience.
For Mother’s Day, my family always makes a delicious brunch for me with Challah Bread French Toast. Lots of butter and syrup, please! If your dad likes to cook, put on his favorite band or playlist and cook together!
Create a homemade gift.
Put your creativity to work and make a personalized gift for your dad. It could be a photo album or collage with cherished memories or a handcrafted item. Recruit family members for childhood photos.
Plan a family gathering.
If your dad enjoys spending time with the family, organize a Father’s Day activity with loved ones. It could be a barbecue, a picnic, or a simple get-together. If you’re a bit challenged in the kitchen, put together an ice cream bar with a variety of flavors and toppings.
Gather as a family and take turns sharing cherished memories, stories, and anecdotes about your father. If you’re inviting other fathers, remember to honor everyone in some way so no one feels excluded or forgotten.
Support his hobbies.
Encourage and engage in activities that your dad loves. If he enjoys sports, watch a game together or join him for a friendly match. If he has a hobby like gardening, painting, or woodworking, spend time together pursuing those activities.
Get The Finer Life
Our Sunday email has tips and content you will love – exclusively for our subscribers.
"*" indicates required fields
Give him a break.
Just like with Mother’s Day, you can’t go wrong if you take care of your dad’s responsibilities for the day. Help dad with household chores, take care of the yard work, or handle any tasks that he usually handles. Let him enjoy a day of relaxation while you take care of the responsibilities.
Plan a special outing
Organize a day filled with activities that your dad enjoys with the whole family. It could be a hike, a fishing trip, a round of golf, or a visit to a favorite museum or park. Pick something he’d enjoy or try something new together.
If you’re not sure what that outing could be, here are 50 fun activities to jumpstart your brainstorming.
- Go for a hike in nature. Find local trails with TrailLink.
- Have a backyard barbecue or picnic.
- Take a fishing trip.
- Plan a camping trip for the weekend. Find private sites on Hipcamp.
- Play a round of golf together.
- Watch a sports game or attend a live event.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Have a movie night at home and watch his favorite movie.
- Explore a local museum or art gallery.
- Take a road trip to a nearby town or city.
- Cook a meal together.
- Have a game night with board games or video games.
- Go to a local amusement park or fair.
- Take a scenic drive and enjoy the views.
- Go bowling or play mini-golf.
- Take a cooking class or baking class together.
- Visit a zoo or animal sanctuary.
- Go to a local farmer’s market and choose ingredients for a meal.
- Attend a concert or other live music performance.
- Go kayaking or canoeing.
- Visit a botanical garden or arboretum.
- Have a DIY project day, like building something together.
- Play his favorite game like tennis or basketball.
- Take a day trip to the beach or lake.
- Go on a photography outing and capture some memories.
- Visit a local historical site or landmark.
- Play his favorite board game.
- Have a group workout session or go for a run together.
- Take a pottery or art class.
- Attend a car show or visit a car museum.
- Go horseback riding.
- Have a spa day at home with facials, massages, and relaxation.
- Go to a comedy show or watch a funny movie.
- Take a scenic train ride.
- Volunteer together for a local charity or organization.
- Visit an indoor trampoline park or climbing gym.
- Explore a local nature reserve or park.
- Have a day of fishing or boating on a lake or river.
- Take a wine or beer-tasting tour.
- Have a picnic in a beautiful garden or park.
- Attend a sports workshop or training session.
- Go on a shopping trip and choose gifts for each other.
- Have a family photo session to capture the memories.
- Visit a nearby theme park or water park.
- Take a yoga or meditation class together.
- Go on a scavenger hunt or geocaching adventure.
- Try out a new recipe for a homemade pizza night.
- Go on a ghost tour or haunted house visit.
- Attend a local festival or cultural event.
- Enjoy a relaxing day at home with movies, games, and good company.
Remember, the most important thing is to spend quality time together and create lasting memories. Don’t stress about having the perfect time, just create new memories in a fun way!
If you’re still shopping for a gift to give, read our last-minute gift guide for ten gift ideas you can get shipped with Amazon Prime (and one idea that can buy the day of).
Want a Free Guide?
You will receive our free 19-page guide and access to our exclusive content, private invitations, and tips you’ll love.
"*" indicates required fields