Welcome, it is nice to meet you!
Are you a freelance, contract, or professional writer? First, please register yourself below to get started.
Please carefully review our contributor guidelines and submission rules before submitting.
Who we are and What we do
Finer Things publishes well-researched, engaging articles for women over 40 about fashion, health, entertainment, relationship, finances, home design, technology, career, women’s issues, travel, and more.
What we publish
We publish evergreen articles with practical tips and advice for our readers. Our readers are women of all ages but primarily in their 40s, 50s, 60s, and up. Our goal is to educate, inform, and delight our specific readership.
What we don’t publish
We don’t publish purely self-promotional articles or content that promotes products, services, or businesses you own.
We won’t publish your personal story unless there is a big lesson or takeaway that benefits our audience. For first-person, personal essay-style articles, the subject must reflect an experience, learning curve, or educational angle that helps the reader.
Our ideal contributors have:
- A dynamic background, unique viewpoint, and fresh perspective
- Advanced degrees (M.D., J.D., Ph. D., M.S., M.F.A., M.B.A.)
- High-caliber expertise or extensive life experience on a specific topic or interesting experiences to share about life, learning, and discovery
- Opinions they can articulate with respect, and in most cases, researched evidence
Examples of our ideal content
Finer Things content must be relevant to women over 40. We are a collective of diverse women from different backgrounds. Women of all generations — our mothers, grandmothers, daughters, and granddaughters — shape our lives and viewpoints.
Writers of all ages, backgrounds, and viewpoints are encouraged to contribute content relevant to women 40 and over.
Before submitting, please review these Finer Things articles for examples of article tone, voice, and structure:
- How to Be a Natural Beauty over 40
- Don’t lose it… Your hair!
- Help My Sister is Dating a Gold Digger
- How to Re-Invigorate Your Sexless Marriage
- 15 Best iPhone Apps for Productive Women
We only publish original, unpublished works.
Our works must have the following:
- A minimum of 600 words or a maximum of 2,000 words
- A strong voice highlighting a specific niche, topic, or genre
- Relevant links that support your claims, opinions, or research
- Proper citations to relevant data, facts, statistics, and research
- Flawless grammar and spelling
- An 8th to 9th-grade reading level (We like the Hemingway App for checking readability.)
- Short paragraphs (Aim for three to four sentences tops.)
- Your personality (We want your unique voice to come through.)
- Novel content (Please review the Finer Things blog archives to see previous coverage.)
Prior to engaging your services, we will send you a contract that contains the terms below.
The Finer Things editorial staff may edit, change, or alter your submission as necessary at our sole discretion per our editorial standards.
We reserve the right to include or add links and ads in your article.
We reserve the right to reject articles we find unsuitable for our readers’ interests at our sole discretion. Finer Things cannot compensate you for your article now or in the future.
In exchange for being published and paid for your submission on Finer Things, the ownership of the content shifts to Finer Things, and we are free to republish your work or parts of it on other websites at our sole discretion.
By submitting an article to Finer Things editorial staff, you consent that we’ve collected and stored your data.
Unfortunately, we can’t respond to every submission. If we are interested in hiring you, you’ll hear back from us within five business days.
For more insights into our brand values and readership, please visit our About page.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org